Promotion of Kerala’s Cultural Heritage
• To effectively co-ordinate and regulate various the art, literary and cultural institutions
• To promote and disseminate the cultural heritage, knowledge and the distinctive feature of traditional and contemporary art forms of Kerala within and outside the country.
• To equip the various cultural institutions for ensuring the cultural progress of the society and the State.
• To strengthen the functions and activities of various cultural institutions by coordinating their activities and helping them steer ahead and giving them timely assistance and guidance.
• To serve as an agency of the State Government to distribute recurring and non-recurring grants to eligible cultural establishments and agencies.